Limbo



I've been in limbo for so long, this place of healing, hurt and moving on.

I've felt darkness ebb and the light flow, 
watched my perception turn from viewing things as worthless weeds turn into wild flowers that grow.

I find myself cynical, skeptical, and cautious.

I find myself excited, imaginative, and hopeful. 

I see the me I was ten thousand yesterdays ago compare itself to me of the past twenty four hours, wondering why time is like this, aware of how fastly it goes. 

I still have questions; I continue to want answers.

I still wonder sometimes naively and bounce back from taking chances. 

I'm rearranging, 
as a human being I'm changing, 
looking for my place in this big, crazy world, 
taking meager footsteps like my inner little girl. 

That's it, good job, keep believing. 

Have faith, make jumps, keep dreaming.

Your day is nearly here, be patient, stand tall.

These are the moments that help us discover who we really are.

Patience brings postives when you're steady and stern. 

Stay in your own lane, get ready, guess what—it's finally your turn. 

Aim for great heights, keep your goal in your sights. 

Spread those wings and fly away. 

Be bold and conquer this today.


For more heartfelt poetry, check out Meaningful Poetry on this blog.

Photo courtesy : Unsplash



Comments

  1. I love this! It's vulnerable, it's strong, it's confused, yet strong. It's just perfect, especially for anyone coming out of the IFB world! 💕💕❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Does Shunning Exist in The Independent Fundamental Baptist Church?

Learning to Trust After Surviving a Cult

Here Comes The Bride